I Love Pinterest!
There’s just something about Pinterest that captivates us all. I love seeing creative crafts, beautiful photos, handy gadgets and pinning them to my boards. See my personal Pinterest boards here. I’m sure I’m a piker when it comes to the amount of boards I have (63) compared to some of you. As if that wasn’t enough for me though, I decided today to branch out and create a new account just for business.
How To Create A Business Account On Pinterest
You don’t need to just limit yourself to the fun side of Pinterest though. I have several ways that I earn extra money and many of them are “Pinnable”. Here’s what I did:
- Create a new account on Pinterest as a business. I don’t have an actual brick and mortar business, but I do monetize my life using various methods. I had to use an alternate email account from the one I used to create my ‘fun’ account.
- You will be asked to find 5 pins from their categories and pin them to get started. You can pin 5 things from one category, or five different ones. You might want to create a special board named “favorites” in which to add those.
- You will also be asked to confirm with Pinterest that your site complies with their guidelines and rules.
- As you fill out your profile you will be asked to confirm you own your website by uploading a file to your blog if it’s self-hosted. I already have Pinterest linked to my WordPress blog with my personal account, so it wasn’t feasible or possible to do it again. No worries though. If you can’t do it that way, you can still add your web URL, it just won’t be ‘live’.
- Create Pinterest boards for each category of business you do, or location, etc. If you’re creating boards that connect to your store, website, landing page, etc., there has to be an image Pinterest can find to enable a pin. When you create boards you can be as general, or specific as you choose. If you want to be found by search engines though, use pointed topic keywords and describe the board using them.
The next step is to tell your friends about your new Pinterest business account by doing a blog post, uploading the link to it to social networking sites and posting to interest specific sites like groups on Facebook. Go forth and monetize!