There’s a fairly new genealogy tool you might want to investigate if you’re doing research for a connection to a Revolutionary War Patriot. It’s the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution ) Online Library Record Copy service.
What Can You Do?
- Search the DAR Genealogical Research System
- If a record has a green “Purchase” button it means there is a record you can purchase for $10 and download it in PDF form. (download the latest version of Adobe Reader here.) As of this writing, the latest version is X (10).
- Pay online using either Mastercard or Visa. You’ll receive an email with your receipt also.
- Use the link on the page to download your record(s). You will have one week of access to this purchased record. There is no limit to the amount of records you can download. There are no refunds or substitutions available.
What You Can’t Do
- This is not access to the submitted application’s documentation paperwork. I strongly encourage you to visit the Overview page at the DAR to read all of the directions. Online Library Record Copy service.